DevOps is an engineering practice that unifies software development and software operations. It’s a combination of various practices, tools that helps organizations to deliver software services very fast. Traditional software development process takes lot of time and Devops reduces time and enables easy management of software development life cycle. Let’s read about devops life cycle and its features tools.
Devops is an integration tools that help developers integrate software development and software operations. Deveops could be beneficial for the teams developing software and automate their development process. Let’s read how devops could make software development process simple.
- Devops make development process fast and simple.
- It should allow users to customize work and collaborate with other development teams easy.
- Devops provide users the facility to make informed decision.
- Developers have liberty of checking the quality of software development or its services.
- Continuous feedback from customers is what companies look for in order to improve services and devops provide that feature.
- Devops allows developers to collaborate with other developers to build new software with high quality.
- Devops is a combination of software operations + quality assurance + Development
- Devops ensure faster delivery of software and services.
- Unlike traditional development process, Devops help developers to communicate, collaborate with IT operations team to work fluently.
- In traditional development process Developers and IT operations used to work differently thus making development process and delivery of services time consuming.
Devops is not a single process. It’s a combination of processes aim it improving productivity and delivering services efficiently like never before. Below are devops tools used for delivering high quality services.
- Code – You can develop high quality code and an opportunity to share knowledge amongst your team. Code management tools, code merging and code review could be used for this purpose.
- Integration Tool – Continuous integration tool help you integrate developed code and built status.
- Testing Tool – Testing tool provide developers continuous feedback about services and test services for quality assurance.
- Package – Store metadata and artifacts about software development and services.
- Release – This tool helps in release approval and automation of software release.
- Configure – Configure and manage infrastructure for development.
- Monitor – End user feedback and performance monitoring.
Organizations that are using Devops are making software development and services simple and faster. With Devops you can collaborate with other teams and share work or knowledge. There are many advantages of using devops that are;
- Faster and continuous software delivery and services.
- Every development process becomes simple and doable.
- Sharing and collaboration help in resolving complex problems.
- Improve communication and collaboration that would do wonders for your organizations.
- Reduced work stress from employees perspective.
- Achieve strands for software development and great quality assurance.
- More stable and agile development environments.
- Faster and time saving development process that gives developers luxury to innovate with new developments.
DevOps make development process and services fast and simple. With DevOps you can achieve integration and seamless development process as development and IT operations team can work in collaboration by sharing knowledge. Lots of organizations are opting for DevOps simply because customized workflow makes development process faster thus increasing productivity.