About Chef Online Training
Chef is a Configuration management tool used to automate the deployment and configuration of applications. It is helpful for the installation and customization of the Chef configuration management system. It is one of the major component/tool used in DevOps technology. Currently most of the IT Companies are using Chef. It helps for frequent deployment of software and faster resolution of problems. This course is designed in advance level to learn required recipes to configure, deploy and scale the servers and applications, etc.
What are the Course Objectives?
After completion of the Chef Course at Naresh I technologies, you will be expertise and eligible for:
- Complete knowledge of Chef component in DevOps
- Able to work on Project independently
- Setup Dev/Test environment
- Work on Chef for Automation framework in their IT environment
- Build setup recipe
- Using cookbooks to organize recipes
- Using community recipes
- Uploading cookbooks
- Using the database cookbook
- Adding PHP to the mix
- Searching with knife
- Testing cookbooks with Kitchen
- Build and maintain virtualized server environment
Who should go for this Course?
- Any IT experienced Professional who is interested to work on IT job related to DevOps, System Administration, Development, Network Operations, etc.
- Any B.E/ B.Tech/ BSC/ MCA/ M.Sc Computers/ M.Tech/ BCA/ BCom College Students in any stream.
- Fresh Graduates.
The course can learn by any IT professional having basic knowledge of:
- Unix/Linux Operating System
- Networking Concept
- SDLC Concept
- Virtualization platform (VirtualBox, VMWare, etc.)
Chef Online Training Course Content:
INTRODUCTION TO CHEF
- Common Chef Terminology
- Chef Server
- Chef Workstation
- Chef Workstation – Looking At Security And Configurations
- Servers And Nodes
- Chef Configuration Concepts
BUILDING THE WEB SERVER COOKBOOK
- Getting Set Up
- Starting The Apache Recipe
- Adding Attributes, Recipe, And A Template
- Attribute Precedence
- Adding HTML Templates Dynamically With Chef
- Recipe Includes And Dependencies
- Copying Config Files To The Node
- Executing Linux Commands On The Node
- Adding Platform Support To The Cookbook
- Adding The Local Chef-Repo To Github
NODE OBJECT AND SEARCH
- What Is The Node Object?
- Search Concepts
- Searching Node Attributes Using Knife
- What Are Environments And Why Do They Matter?
- Creating And Configuring Environments
- Creating A Second Version Of Our WebServer Cookbook
- Deploying To Different Environments
- Viewing And Deleting Environments With Knife
- What Are Data Bags?
- Creating User And Sudo Group Data Bags
- Building A Recipe To Deploy Local User Accounts From Data Bags
- What Are Roles?
- Creating A Web Server Role
- Building A Simple MySQL Cookbook For A Role
- Creating A DB Server Role
- Creating A Base Role
- Knife Plugins
- Chef Supermarket and Chef-Client Cookbook
USING OPENSOURCE CHEF SERVER
- Open Source Chef
- Configuring the Workstation and Bootstrapping a Node
- Closing: Bootstrapping Nodes and Deploying Cookbooks
DEPLOYING NODES IN PRODUCTION
- Unattended Node Bootstrapping
- Chef-Client Cookbook (Security and Automated Runs)